If you’re interested in taking your ICT systems to the next level, we’ve got some news that may well benefit you…
The East Midlands Chamber has submitted bids for technology grant funding, in order to invest in companies seeking funded digital support.
According to eBusiness Club: “If successful, the grants will allow The Chamber to provide a continuation of services for the next three years.
“The programme is designed to support businesses in getting the most from their existing ICT with the introduction of new systems and software, and to assist with the implementation of new ICT resources.”
As part of this preliminary process, the bids need to be supported by companies declaring their interest in the funding – in order to demonstrate enough local interest.
“What would the funding mean for me?”
The aim of the scheme is to provide financial support to ‘eligible businesses who are introducing and developing new systems to improve business performance – especially those looking to invest in new technology’.
The scheme supports businesses in getting the most out of their existing technology solutions or with the introduction of new systems and software. The funding could therefore assist with this implementation.
As well as the financial support, there’s also the validation that you’ve got an ICT setup worth investing in.
“Would I be eligible?”
While the funding applications have not yet been awarded, it would be highly likely that the following conditions would apply in terms of grant funding:
- Types of business which may apply (i.e. sole trader, partnership or limited company)
- Businesses must have fewer than 250 employees
- Businesses must be trading for at least 12 months
If you can demonstrate how an ICT development project will improve your performance, and your business is located in one of the areas covered below, you will likely be eligible for funding.
Geographical areas covered
- Amber Valley Borough Council
- Bolsover District Council
- Chesterfield Borough Council
- Derby City Council
- Derbyshire Dales District Council
- Erewash Borough Council
- High Peak Borough Council
- North East Derbyshire District Council
- South Derbyshire District Council
- Ashfield District Council
- Bassetlaw Borough Council
- Broxtowe District Council
- Gedling Borough Council
- Mansfield District Council
- Newark and Sherwood District Council
- Nottingham City Council
- Rushcliffe Borough Council
- Blaby District Council
- Charnwood Borough Council
- Harborough District Council
- Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council
- Leicester City Council
- Melton Borough Council
- North West Leicestershire District Council
- Oadby & Wigston Borough Council
If you’re interested in the idea of technology grant funding, use this form to record your interest today!