‘Personal information’ often includes names and email addresses, and sometimes IP addresses and browser cookies.
Who Needs One?
- Uses website analytics or tracking software:
- Such as Google Analytics or anything similar to view website usage stats.
- Stores cookies on visitors’ computers:
- Cookies can be used for many things, like advertising or remembering preferences.
- Collects personal data from visitors:
- This includes asking sign up for email newsletters or entering their details.
- Allows people to register and sign in:
- It is important visitors can understand how their registration details will be used.
- Includes third-party advertising or tracking code:
- Embedding ads, videos or content from other services may add their code and cookies to your website.
What Do I Need to Include?
You’ll need to disclose if any third parties are involved collecting personal information in your name, for example, if you use MailChimp to collect email addresses to send weekly updates to your members.
Fill in the form below and we can send you the template that can act as a starter, we’d like some of your details so we can understand who has downloaded the file, but don’t worry we won’t spam you or pass on your details to any third parties.
Need any more information, or are you ready for a GDPR compliant website that targets your customers? Get in touch with our team today – we’d love to talk to you.