Purpose Media is a Derbyshire based Full-Service Marketing Agency that supports clients in all aspects of their marketing.
We work with a variety of brands, from service providers to online retailers, and we champion our clients to look through the eyes of their customers and create memorable experiences.
Recent growth has aided our development, allowing us to increase our service offering and expand to new offices. Our space includes meeting and conference rooms, break out areas, collaborative spaces, media studio and secure on-site car parking.
Located 2 minutes from the M1 Junction 28, and 35 minutes from both Derby and Nottingham’s city centres, our location is perfect for your commute. Situated directly opposite East Midlands Designer Outlet and the public transport routes offered by Trent Barton Bus services.
We do not accept applications from agencies.
We are looking for somebody with a passion for writing and creativity to join our team.
What you’ll be doing:
Our clients range from dentists and software suppliers to football clubs and beauty products, so we’re looking for someone who is interested in learning about a wide range of brands. You would handle work for different clients and would be responsible for creating content for different channels, including print, web and social media – to offer consistency throughout their communication and campaigns.
Key Purpose of Job:
An excellent writer, you will switch between tone of voice to create great copy for our clients. Working closely with the brands, account management and creative teams, your work will include blog content, social media posts, campaign content, copy for articles, emails and video.
Make relevant and engaging copy that inspires and connects with our customer audiences and maintain high writing standards.
Adept at creating content in a different tone of voice with an understanding of the brands we work with and an interest in sharing their story.
Works closely with brand stakeholders, such as Account Managers, Digital Marketing, Design and Video teams to deliver engaging and commercially viable copy.
Develop multi-channel content to support campaigns, projects and ad hoc opportunities, product descriptions, social and email content, articles and blogs across all marketing channels and sites as required.
The main tasks you would be doing on a day-to-day basis include:
- Understanding brand audiences and the content that resonates with them
- Use this understanding to lead internal collaboration
- Supporting in the creation and delivery of strategies
- Researching article topics and finding engaging angles
- Populating blogs, web pages and social media feeds (training in software and back end systems will be provided)
We need people who are self-motivated, reliable and who have excellent organisation and time management skills.
Opportunities for progression:
We love having passionate people on our team and we want them to excel in the things that they enjoy. We are a rapidly growing company, so talented applicants could easily find themselves leading new projects or working in other areas of interest if they rise to the challenge.
Needs to have:
- Previous experience in writing content, content for marketing purposes would be preferable but not essential
- Experienced native English writer with accurate copy-editing skills
- Track record in the ability to work well with teams and collaborate effectively
- Self-motivated and ability to manage own time and deadlines
- Passionate about delivering great writing that is commercially effective
- Motivated by operating in a changing, flexible environment
- Approachable and friendly, easy to build strong personal relationships
- Calm, organised and a clear thinker
- Confidence in your ideas and direction
Qualifications, Experience & Requirements
- Be proficient in the use of relevant desktop software packages.
- Be able to provide examples of your written content.
- A desire to develop their skillset within the marketing industry.
We do not accept applications from agencies.
This role is perfect for someone starting out in a career in content. We can offer a competitive salary and the option to enter our company pension scheme.
Great Working Environment
Our modern offices offer a great space for collaborative working and creative thinking, and a fun team with regular staff activities means a great working environment.
Quality Hardware and Software
We want to make it easy for our team to get creative and make the most of their time, so you'll have the best hardware and software so there's nothing stopping you!
Training and Development
If there's an opportunity to learn and develop, and it will help you be better in your job, we'll support you to do it. This includes attending industry conferences and seminars.